9.22.2006

Gage's Picks of Confidence (Week 3)

4-1 week two. I wanted to brag about it all week, but I waited. Being so modest is what makes me truly awesome. That's right, only Detroit really screwed me over last week. Apparently they really are as bad as advertised. I'm well on my way to re-enacting "Two For The Money." Which, if you haven't seen it is exactly as you'd expect it to be. Which means I'm still months away from my total meltdown and wrecking a Ferarri or something. This week seems to have some more obvious picks than last week, so here's where I get my ass handed to me.

Atlanta (-4) over New Orleans
This line seems awful low for a tough Atl team that has really pushed people around. Their D is legit. Maybe the Saints have the emotion going for them on their first night back in the Superdome, but they are really the inferior team here. Seriously, you can't beat two wet noodle teams in a row (Cleveland, GB) have everybody on your team's bandwagon. Plus, I don't have Vick on any of my fantasy teams this year so I miss him breaking my heart by going 5/18 with 85 yards and 3 int.

Chicago (-3.5) over Minnesota
Brian Urlacher will eat your children. He is not human. It seems ridiculous to even pick against this Chicago defense, as much as it pains me. No, I don't think Grossman is the second coming (sorry to spill the beans on your next column, Mariotti), but this team is solid. More importantly, the Vikings only TD last week was on a fake field goal. You really want to get behind that team? Not me.

Tennessee (+10.5) over Miami
Dante has apparently forgotten how to be a good QB. I don't buy this bullshit about he lost Moss and all that. he has good recievers and a running back who I think can be a badass. So why am I picking against them? Because he lost it. Sometimes you lose it and it never comes back (see Ken Griffey Jr.). Kerry Collins is good enough to cover. Just barely.

Carolina (-3) over Tampa Bay
Easiest pick of the week. Carolina is DESPERATELY in need of a win. Steve Smith might be back and Tampa is gawd awful. Gruden's forehead is going to start growing new veins to pop out this season. John Fox is going to out coach him. This is my lock of the week. Which of course means Tampa wins huge.

Washington (-4) over Houston
Eek. This one sucks, these teams suck. Maybe Portis comes back and I'm vidicated. Come on shoulder! I'm picking against the Texans because screw texas. That is all.

Last Week: 4-1
Season: 7-3

Jon's Picks:
Atlanta (-4) over New Orleans
Chicago (– 3.5) over Minnesota
Jacksonville (+7) over Indy
Carolina (-3) over Tampa Bay
Detroit vs Green Bay - the Under, 39 (Gage's Note: Not sure if this counts)

Last Week: 3-2
Season: 8-2

No comments: