8.17.2007

What the Hell did Willie Get Done?

Willie Anderson hasn't practiced (from what I can tell) for the entirety of training camp. This was not alarming because he's a grizzled (grrr) veteran and a mountain of a man that doesn't need to put more beating on his body than necessary. However, recently Big Willie disappeared for a week and showed back up with a protective boot on his right leg. Not encouraging, but certainly no cause for alarm, that is, until he started talking about his "procedure":
Anderson said the procedure involved electro-shock treatment to damage the area around the injury. The hope, he said, is to stimulate healing in the injured area.
What? Electro-shock treatment. What the hell? Are we going to learn that he's been using leeches and taking a magical tonic he bought from a traveling salesman? Now, I'm concerned.

Of course, Marvin is doing his best Belichick impression. According to Mark Curnutte's blog: Coach Marvin Lewis said Anderson "was doing fine." Sure sounds like it.

7 comments:

trout said...

Sounds like Magglio Ordonez's mysterious European knee treatment a few years ago. That worked out all right... after a couple years, anyway.

Gage said...

Yeah, this does not have me optimistic. Particularly since Willie has maybe a year or two left.

Anonymous said...

I am sorry that this shows up in this comment box. I do think the Goat should have a general comment box.

What the hell? Where are the posts? This should be an exciting time for the Goat. Both writers have football teams that they should be previewing. Unlike the baseball teams they support, the football teams are top rated. Both teams have a shot at being really good. Where are the posts?

Do I have to sit here and say Sexy Rexy is going to get the Bears over the hump this year? Sept 9, mark it down. That's the day I will see this year's Super Bowl teams play down in San Diego.

Silly Cymberlin said...

so... how did the cubs do?

Jeeves said...

Hey guys,

I hate doing this in the comments, but I couldn't track down an e-mail address, but anyway, we've moved our site Life in the Cell from it's old address (sweethomesports.com/sox) to the easier to remember www.lifeinthecell.com.

Regardless of whether you noticed that the site sorta was petering and then died, we're back and writing with full force.

Cheers,
Jeeves

Jeeves said...

PS - If you could shoot me an e-mail to Jeeves@lifeinthecell.com and tell me your e-mail addresses so I can contact you more directly in the future that'd be greaaaat.

/end bill lumbergh

Anonymous said...

It was very interesting for me to read this blog. Thanks for it. I like such themes and anything connected to them. I would like to read a bit more on that blog soon.